Monday, June 29, 2009

Tough day...

Today I'm having trouble staying within the guidelines that my surgeon gave me after having my gallbladder removed. I'm not supposed to lift anything over 15 lbs for FOUR WEEKS! Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but my slave- I mean husband- is in Afghanistan, and I while I don't have issues with him doing things for me, it makes me feel like a whimp to have to ask people to come over to help me take out the trash or move furniture to my basement. Thank goodness it's not Thanksgiving or else I'd have to hire a turkey mover. I know it's not that big of a deal in the long run, and I'm thankful that my surgery went well and that I'm healing well, and it's only FOUR WEEKS, but it makes me acutely aware that I'm alone at a time when all I want to do is stay busy enough to forget about it. And I can't.

I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow, and I'm going to ask if it's ok for me to ride my bike so I can get some sort of cardio in without worrying if my belly is going to bust open and start gushing liver and bile duct all over the place. Hopefully he says yes because I'm not burning too many calories just sitting around pouting.

And that brings me to my calorie count for today. While my lovely sister is under the supervision of a licensed nutritionist, I am not, and I will soon start training to hike Pikes Peak so I've set my goal intake calories to 1,500/day. I've found it's tough for me to do, not because I have to cut back on food, but because my stomach doesn't want to let in that many calories from the right types of food. Lower calorie, high impact foods leave me trying to stuff down twice the amount of food that I was eating before to get enough calories, protein and such. I guess my biggest challenge is going to be setting a schedule for eating and sticking to it.

Anyway, here' s my intake for the day:

Breakfast and lunch merged together because I got up late- Healthy Choice Chicken Alfredo Florentine - 230 calories
Snack- 1 medium orange - 80 calories
Dinner- Oven fried tilapia with wheat pasta, broccoli and garlic toast (280 of the calories came from the garlic toast) - 595 calories
Snack- Spinach salad with italian dressing and onions - 45 calories
Total: 950
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment