Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It happened today

Today must be a day for confessions.

Today at the commissary they were selling two large bottles of French's mustard for $0.49 (I never realized there wasn't a cent sign on the keyboard! If there is and I'm missing it, I'm sure Shalena will make fun of me...) and of course I had to get them because it was only $0.49!!! They required you to have 6 coupons that the nice commissary lady gave me when I picked up the mustard bottles, and when I went to check out, the self-check out machine would only accept one coupon. I didn't notice until the worker came and told me that she would have to override it, and by that time I had already scanned a second coupon and dropped it in the self-service machine. I had to go back to the other side of the store to get another coupon, and since there was a long line at the self checkout, I decided to run. I ran. When I got back to the counter the lady wasn't even done doing the overrides and I wasn't out of breath. I was so excited :) I wasn't breathing hard, I wasn't sweating, and I wasn't going to die even though I just ran up and down the commissary. It's not a marathon, I know, but that's something I haven't been able to do in a long time, especially not at this altitude.

I'm really loving where this is going...

No comments:

Post a Comment