Sunday, July 19, 2009





Well, I got the results from my Personal Wellness Profile appointment at the wellness center, and even though our new official weigh in day is Wednesday, I thought I'd post new pictures along with the results from my profile...
Current measurements:
Weight: 227.6
BMI: 32.7
% fat: 47.9
Fat mass (amount of fat in my body): 104.4 lb
Fat free mass (weight of muscle, bones, skin, tissue, organs and everything but fat): 123.21 lb
Desirable ranges:
Fat %: 17-24%
Fat mass: 25.2-39.01 lbs
To be at the upper end of the desirable range for fat mass, I need to lose 65.39 lbs of fat, which would put my total weight at 162.21 lbs- all else held constant. If I didn't have an ounce of fat on my body I would weigh 123.21 lbs!
According to my profile, which is a compilation of answers to questions that were asked along with my stats, my health age is 22.9 years. This measurement reflects my current health practices and how they affect longevity. If I were to do the test they do on The Biggest Loser to determine the actual age of their bodies, I'm sure it would be much higher. But this is a good indicator that the choices I'm making right now are healthy. If I were to reduce my weight to the desirable range my potential health age is 21.2 years. For this health assessment, their suggestions for good health practices are as follows:
  1. Not smoking
  2. Regular aerobic exercise
  3. Eat breakfast daily
  4. Limit snacking (of unhealthy snacks)
  5. Maintain a healthy weight
  6. Get adequate sleep, 7-8 hrs/night
  7. Don't drink or limit to 1-2 drinks in any one day

I'm going to redo the measurements above in 6 weeks, and again in 12 weeks, just to see where I am. If I continue to lose just 2 lbs of fat a week, I will be in the desirable range of body fat within 32 weeks, or by the end of next February! That just happens to be when Edward is coming home for R&R, so that'll be an exciting month for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment