Saturday, July 11, 2009

Natural Grocers

I went to an organic market today. It was expensive. They didn't have pictures of most of the veggies, so I didn't know what was what (except for the normal stuff). But I bought some things to try them...cereal, Apple Blackberry Sauce, noodle soup...they were on sale. I guess I'm too cheap to buy everything organic. The lady in front of me only had a few things, normal mid-week purchases to supplement what you already have, and her bill was over $30! Hmph.

My new ingredient for the week is sunflower seeds. I know, it's not that exciting and new, but I've never prepared dishes with them, so I'm going to have to look up some recipes. I'm trying new proteins. I pretty much have my base proteins that I know I like- chicken, fish, tofu- but I'm going to start trying to put incomplete proteins together to see how I do. I should probably focus on learning new vegetables, but I want to try whole new dishes, not just parts of dishes. If I come up with anything good I'll post it, and I'll definitely let you know where the recipe came from. If there's no credit, I made it up like all the previous recipes I've posted.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

PS- I had Chick-fil-a today...no butter on the bun, no value size. I didn't realize how different it would be without butter on the bun! It was too dry or something. I don't know. But it was still good. I'm thinking I'm going to have to start ordering my meal as separate pieces instead of a #1 because it was too much food. I felt stuffed like Thanksgiving after. But bonus- I tried on some jeans afterward and I guess I'm a definite 18, almost in a 16! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment