Monday, July 20, 2009

Tostadas de jaiba


I got this recipe from a friend, it's a traditional recipe for HOT days when you just want something light and cool to fill you up! It's cheap, easy, and tastes so good!


What you need:

1/2 lb imitation crab meat
3 regular tomatoes (or 4-5 roma tomatoes)
2 medium white onions
1-2 bunches of cilantro
2 limes
salt
Corn tostadas (Mission sells them in a tall red package by the tortillas)
Hot sauce for topping if you like
Directions:
  1. Shred the crab into flakes along the natural lines. It should be pretty easy to shred apart.
  2. Dice tomatoes, onions, and cilantro according to your preference. I like to taste everything together and individually so I chop my onions and tomatoes sort of big. My friend's son doen't like onions too much, so she cuts hers small.
  3. Mix the crab, onion, tomato, cilantro in a medium bowl, then squeeze lime juice over and stir well.
  4. Add salt to taste, spoon onto tostadas and enjoy!

Imitation crab is actually made out of fish, so it has low calories and fat, but the processing of the fish adds sodium. Overall it's a light and healthy meal. I'll post the nutrition fact later. I accidentally threw out the package :)

No comments:

Post a Comment